Wednesday, March 16, 2011

recipe: If you can actually cook, this is probably not for you.



I desperately needed some dessert last night, and the only chocolate I had in the house was in the form of hot cocoa mix. 
So I thought to myself, "Self, what can you make with hot cocoa mix and almost nothing else?" (Starving artist, remember?)

Microwave Magic Chocolate Cake in a Mug
There's no real official name. But that's a good one.
If you're a foodie, or know how to cook even a little bit, this might be gross to you. I don't know. All I know is it was delicious, and my belly is happy. I feel no shame.

Ingredients:
Hot cocoa mix (2 packets)
Flour, 2 Tbsp
Oil, 3 Tbsp
Water, 3 Tbsp
Egg, 1
Microwaveable coffee mug

Steps:
1) Spray mug with cooking spray and add oil.

2) Add cocoa mix and flour. Mix well with a fork.

3) Add remaining ingredients. Mix very well with a fork. 
I added a little bit of vanilla too, just for kicks.

4) Microwave for no more than 3 minutes. 
It will puff up out of the mug quite a bit, but don't be scared. It'll sink back down. 

5) Remove, and let stand a few minutes. Dump onto a plate and dig in.
I added some extra chocolate syrup for dipping. Go nuts.

The only downside was that my cake ended up having some small pieces of cooked egg throughout it. That's probably solved by just making sure to mix it really thoroughly. It was still delicious! (edit: I made it again, and beat the crap out of the batter. This seemed to solve the egg problem. So mix away, my little bakers!)

Enjoy. Seriously.

Love
Lindsay

9 comments:

Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} said...

sounds absolutely delightful!!

LiveLoveDressup said...

That looks crazy yummy! so gooey!

Amy Baby said...

Oh. My. Goodness.....and you just randomly thought this up all by yourself? You're insane. And I love you. And you're weird. And I would probably eat it. But I'd think twice....haha ok, this is making me laugh a little.

Erin Willett said...

Whattttt?! I have never heard of this before, I'm officially amazed :)

heyrecklessmind.blogspot.com

Anik Milk said...

You seem to underestimate yourself!!! It looks absolutely delicious!

Your blog really interesting and I follow you now!
http://anikmilk.blogspot.com/

Fashion Ranger said...

Ahh! Give me some will you? :'D
Love from Sweden,
Jacob
Fashionranger.com - Streetstyle Sweden

Amy Baby said...

For you. http://eppieandmona.blogspot.com/2011/03/thank-you-love.html

aaez said...

genius lindsay genius.

-aaez

Jo said...

I am so impressed! That's very resourceful of you :) I will have to give this a shot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All content found here is property of Living with Lindsay, unless otherwise stated. Please contact before using any material at lindsayjeanstyle@gmail.com.
Web Analytics